Does Automatic Headlights Work?

•  
  • Thread starter jadjady20
  • Start date
J
jadjady20
Reaction score
Hi my Mercedes E-Klass W213 has automatic headlights but alot of pepole flash theire lights at me, does this function not work at inteaded?
Most of the time i have just turned it off manually but lately i have been driving on a really long straight every morning and i can clearly see my light turning of where the car is
but they still flash theire lights (mostly old cars).

How do you guys use this function?

• Like [+1]
Reactions: 94ttsupra
They work well. Some people will flash their lights due to the slight delay in the Auto high beams shutting off. It seems to be especially apparent to people whose headlights are not very bright.

1. Is adjustment working correctly if auto adjustment. If manually adjusted lights, have you got them on the correct setting for how much weight in the car and are the adjustment motors working?
2. Check bulbs - are they correct for car and if halogen, do they still have black painted tip to bulb?
3. If above ok, have headlight aim adjusted at garage. Any garage that does MOTs will have equipment to do this.

• Like [+1]
Reactions: 94ttsupra
Many oncoming drivers flash their headlights that the car. Move lights to normal position. So that the lights they switch faster.

If you have lowered your vehicle, your lights may dazzle oncoming traffic.

At least that was the Problem by my car.

• Like [+1]
Reactions: vodimers
Maybe you should do some initial calibration, maybe it will help.

We usually solve these problems by updating the software of the multifunctional camera on the front window (I work at an authorized Mercedes service center) + removing it from the window and cleaning the view of the camera. I would like to check it with Xentry diagnostics - quite often there is an error code for an internal error of the control unit.

• Like [+1]
Reactions: Mersovod
When highway is quite empty trucks on oncoming lane gives me a flash. Occurred on my previous W213 (AEJ16/1) and current one (AEJ19/2).

They need calibration so they can work as they should.

Automatic headlights are also set/calibrated to the initial point "0" and from that point the automatics regulates them.

Similar issue with my Gl550. If I have my truck lowered I have no flashing from oncoming cars.