Replace Engine and need adaptation

•  
  • Thread starter myelkovan
  • Start date
M
myelkovan
Reaction score
I had a bad luck and my mechanic replaced the engine of my mercedes 2014 E350 but after replacing the engine we had misfire on cylinder 4. He replaced spurk plug and coild bud did not help. Tomorrow he will replace injector but if this does not help, I am afraid the engine I bought is bad. It will cost a lot again.

After replacing the engine is there any adaptation proccess than can cause misfire on one cylinder 4
Any advice please
and tell me please what I should do in xentry.
The mechanic does not know anything about xentry. :( (

• Like [+1]
Reactions: berkesmob
Hello,
Check if there is any faultcodes in the engine ecu.
Also check compression of this cilinder.
Also check if you have signal from ecu there for spark, fuel etc. I always do this with osciloscope.

I had a bad luck and my mechanic replaced the engine of my mercedes 2014 E350 but after replacing the engine we had misfire on cylinder 4. He replaced spurk plug and coild bud did not help. Tomorrow he will replace injector but if this does not help, I am afraid the engine I bought is bad. It will cost a lot again.

After replacing the engine is there any adaptation proccess than can cause misfire on one cylinder 4
Any advice please
and tell me please what I should do in xentry.
The mechanic does not know anything about xentry. :( (

Check compression, timing if its set properly, check again spark plugs, coils, cables, injector and catalyic conventer.

There is a fault code but I dont remember it. The error code was saying that there is misfire on silinder 4.
The ecu is my original ecu. Before installing new engine we did not have any misfire before.
My question is if there is compression problem should I return the engine? I will return and get my money back but to install new engine will cost me one more $1500 and return shipment $300.
I dont know if anybody repair compression problem for $1800 in the USA

Thanks God Injector was the problem. It is replaced.
BUT The mechanic did not read square codes on the injectors and enter to the ECU with exntry.
Do yu think it is an important thing? Should I do It?

• Like [+1]
Reactions: smiley99
BUT The mechanic did not read square codes on the injectors and enter to the ECU with exntry.

its not necessary.

Fuel Injectors

Faulty injector, injects less fuel or the timing is off due to failure to burst in time.

Vacuum Leaks

Check for hoses near intake manifold or the manifold itself. Would have no codes.

Mass Airflow Sensor

You need proper readings for air to fuel ratio. Probably should have gotten a code though.

Hi

its recommended to do the coding & calibration as it gives smoother running between the ecu & injector. If not done the car will still run fine but not as smooth.

It doesn't matter if you don't remember the code of the injector, there is also the code of the injector on the high-pressure fuel rail, you can view, pay attention to the direction of the code reading, I hope it can help you!

First, you need to check the error code.It would be challenging to proceed with an engine replacement before confirming the issue.