DPF Issues W205

•  
  • Thread starter MarcusBHP
  • Start date
You need to do extensive diagnosis on oyur engine to find out why DPF gets blocked so badly. I car has less than 120k miles (200k km) there should be no problems with DPF unless there is problem with the engine itself. Oil consumption, leaky injectors, blocked intake, EGR not closing fully - there are some most common issues which not always will be flagged up by ECU. Also can be issue with leaky intake, small enough to cause increased soot generation but not big enough to trigger eeror in ECU...

There shouldn't be any need to do a forced regeneration under normal circumstances. If the vehicle is used on short journeys or there is a fault this would require a forced regeneration, but with a fault this must be rectified first or you will keep going round in circles. Once the DPF get blocked beyond a certain percentage it will need replacing. Exhaust pressure sensor needs to be working correctly for the system to work properly or the car won't know how blocked or clear the system is.

Hello, I also have a problem with the anti-pollution system, with the OBD it gives me a fault 229. Does anyone know if it is from the NOX sensor? I must also say that since my last AdBlue refueling the range indicator did not go up more than 6000km, but nevertheless the level indicator does go down. My tank is 20 liters.

I don't have adblue delete but i have a mileage blocker on the car, that would possibly cause the issue?

I wouldn't help you even if I could, because installing a mileage blocker has a criminal intention, that harms other people. Hope you seriously f... up your car's electronics and have to pay a lot for repairing it, because that's the karma you deserve IMHO.

• Like [+1]
Reactions: Doughy2002
I have similar problem with AdBlue, when i delete the fault code everything goes normal in 400-500km than motor control lamp comes again. By the way AdBlue consumption is also normal. I will try to check cables now.

I have similar problem with AdBlue, when i delete the fault code everything goes normal in 400-500km than motor control lamp comes again. By the way AdBlue consumption is also normal. I will try to check cables now.

Any error codes in the ECU?

I had all mine mapped out, never had a problem at all in 16000 miles, the mercedes adblue solution is the worst ive come across, nothing but nox sensors and adblue tanks

I will try to check cables now.

Good first attempt. Open all related connections and clean contacts in the plugs (contact spray). If that doesn't help: check NOx-Sensor (IDK how to measure that, but maybe WIS does).

It can be lots of things. The bet to avoid spending money left and right is to plug the car to Star Diagnosis and it will tell you exactly where to look for the problem. DPF is quiet big system and to work properly it reads the info from multiple sensors at the time.